About Physiotherapy Treatment
- Do I need a referral from any Physician / Orthopaedician before coming to a Physiotherapy clinic?
A Referral may not necessarily be required as the Physiotherapists in our centre are well equipped with the knowledge of assessment, treatment and further referrals. However in case we feel the necessity for you to be seen by any other Physician / Health care professional we can refer you to one.
- How long does a Physiotherapy session last?
Each physiotherapy sessions can last between 10-45 minutes depending on the electrical modalities or the exercise therapy prescribed for you.
Please Note: timing of each session may be subjective to change depending on your ailment.
- How many Physiotherapy session will I need to treat my problem?
Your physiotherapy session, may extend for anything between 5-15 days with 3-5 days being the minimum number depending on your condition.
- Should I carry any reports on my first day of Physiotherapy treatment?
It is preferred for you to carry your previous or recent investigations done like an MRI or X-ray if you have any or your physiotherapy prescriptions/referral forms or any other formal medical document.
- How does Physiotherapy treat my problem?
Our treatment consists of following:
- Thermotherapy(Heat therapy)
- Cryotherapy (Ice therapy)
- Manipulation / Mobilization, Manual techniques
- Rehabilitation & Prevention exercises, stretching given in combination or used singly to reduce swelling, pain & to restore function.
- How long will it take before I start to feel better?
Your rate of healing is dependent on many factors such as age, type of injury, length of time since the injury / ailment, initial care, diet & overall health. Some people may respond to the treatment as early as within a day while somebody may take three days minimum to respond. However our treatment will help to stimulate your body’s own healing response to heal itself.
- How does Physiotherapy help in Arthritis?
- Do you have ergonomics in your clinic?
- How can I regain movement after a shoulder/ elbow/ hand/ finger/hip/knee/ankle/leg fracture?
- Do you have Physiotherapy for pregnancy related pain symptoms?
- What is frozen shoulder & how can physiotherapy help in frozen shoulder?
- Does Physiotherapy have any side effects?
- Do you take home visits?
- Do you have Physiotherapy for children?
- Does Physiotherapy helps in osteoporosis?
- Can Physiotherapy be taken for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- How will Physiotherapy help in healing ACL tear?
- Do you have any weight loss program in your Clinic?