- What is Post Natal exercise?
These are exercises which are done after the birth of the baby to help you to return to your pre-pregnancy shape and to cope with the increased demands of mother hood.
- How soon can Post Natal exercise be started?
Post Natal Exercise can be started as soon as you feel that your body is ready for it or it can also be explained in the following way.
Breathing exercise kigel,s exercise and static exercise can be done from the first day it self.
Mothers experiencing a bad pain or a pelvic pain for a few days post delivery may have to take it a little slowly.
Posture connection or /and re-education can be taught in the first week for your delivery.
Mother who had C section or any complication during their pregnancy should usually start exercise after 6 weeks for a C section, it is mandatory that stretches have healed completely.
Exercise which as walking and static cycling for duration of 15 Minutes’ can be started after 4 weeks.
If in any doubt, your obstetrician and gynecologist can suggest you a safe period for beginning an exercise programme, when you go for your Post Natal check up diathesis recti.
For mother with diathesis recite exercise may need to be modified for some times.
- What is urine in continence? Is urine incontinence common after pregnancy?
a. Leakage of urine caused increased pressure on the bladder.eg: while coughing, sneezing or sometimes laughing.
b. Expectant mothers who developed every incontinence during their late pregnancy months are most likely to have the condition after child birth.
c. Incontinence usually occurs because of over stretching and weakening of the pelvic floor muscles during the last day of pregnancy and childbirth.
- When can I join a Post Natal group exercises class?
Exercises through personalized Post Natal sessions can be conducted very early post partum; it is advisable to join a group exercise class only 6-8 weeks after your delivering.
This is because group exercise class may have exercise of varying intensity depending on the Post Natal status of the other participants hence it is required that a full recovery is ensured.
- What does a Post Natal exercise programme include?
- Posture correction / reduction.
- Breathing /Relaxation exercise
- Correction feeding postures and latching technique.
- Pelvic floor reduction /training (kegel exercise)
- Increasing endurance and strength of your body to cope with the demands of baby care.
- Cardio aerobic exercise in order to improve circulation of the whole body and bring of about a feeling of well.
- Cardio aerobic exercise in order to improve circulation of the whole body and bring of about a feeling of well being.
- Joining & Strengthening your abdominal and back muscle, to that you not any regain your shape but also the strength in order to prevent occurrence of any injury.
- Weight loss (Contimation of exercise health diet)
- .Does exercise affect breast feeding?
Exercises of low intensify can be done any time irrespective of breast feeding. When during moderate to high intensify exercise, it is admissible to do so after feeding the baby.
- How much time will it take to regain pre-pregnant shape?
A duration of 6 month -1year must be given to your body in order to come back to shape we @Re-Live Orthopaedic Physiotherapy & Wellness Clinic develop an integrated Post Natal care programme for mothers, keeping in mind the not only the problems. And difficulties that child birth and baby care bring with it but also address your insecurities your waving confidence making you a confident self aware and independent mother