- How can I avoid back pain? Does Pilates help in relieving back pain?
Since pilates works majorly on the core and the back is a part of our core musculature it helps in strengthening the back muscles during a rehab phase and during an sub-acute phase of back pain it relaxes the back as abdominals are being worked on.( pilates may be prevented in certain conditions like IVDP in an acute phase)
- Will I lose weight through pilates?
At the beginners and intermediate levels its all about toning the muscles of your body from the tip of your nose to the tip of your foot. So although you may not see wt loss on your weighing scale you look leaner due to a toned body. At a advanced level weight loss can be expected apart from toning.
- Can I consider Pilates for early Re habilation?
Yes call us for details on this.
- Does Pilates help reduce stress?
Yes as it is a mind body exercise, you cannot be thinking of something else while exercising pilates.
- Can Pilates be done by men too?
A. Pilates can very much be taken up by men too as an exercise form. It give great results in terms of increase in power, strength,endurance and stamina. It improves sex life in men and womes both.
- What is core strengthening? How does it help in my ailment?
Please send us an online enquiry mentioning your ailment so we can answer your query regarding your condition.
- Why is core strengthening so important?
In any and every stage of musculoskeletal rehab it has been proven that working on the core, the main support system of the body helps tremendously in early progress and healing .It is important to strengthen the core as it forms the girdle of strength.
- How does Pilates help post or pre pregnancy?
A.Pre-pregnancy it prepares the body of a women to adapt to the immense changes taking place in the body along with increasing strength and capacity also leading to early rebound post pregnancy.while after pregnancy pilates gives u all the benefits of conditioning with safety. A specially designed programme of pilates can also be given during the stages of pregnancy
- Is Pilates safe for me?
As explained before pilates is one of the safest exercise form that is suitable for all age groups. Yet there may be some conditions in which pilates may be contraindicated . If doubtful about your condition please take advice of your physician/orthopaedician/physiotherapist before u start the workout.
- Which age group can do Pilates?
Safe in all age groups.
- Can one do Pilates in pregnancy ?
Yes pilates can also be done during pregnancy. A specially designed program with selective exercises thoughtfully given to suit pregnant ladies.
- I have leaks of urine during cough and/or sneezing, do I have incontinence? What can I do to treat this?
Kegels exercise helps tremendously for such a condition. Also in pilates connection to the core is very important involving pelvic floor muscles to work therby gradually increasing the strength.
- What is the difference between Yoga & Pilates?
Please scroll up for the differences.
- How will Pilates help in rehabilitating my ailment?
Please feel free to email to us your condition so we can give a customized answer
- Pilate helpful only in sports injuries as can normal people also do it?
Pilates helps excellently in sports injury rehab or is generally great for athletes For normal population its an excellent form of workout to increase strength and maintain good health.
- How does Pilates help in women & Men?
It helps both in men and women similarly by increasing the strength of the core.
- Benefits of Pilates?
Please scroll up this page.
- Pilates Or Yoga which one is better in my condition?
It entirely depends on what your interests are and what goals you may want to achieve from a workout.
- Do you conduct Pilate Instructor course?
We see a future in this and are planning to soon start .please keep looking for our website updates.
- What are the timings of Pilates Classess @ Re-Live Orthopaedic Physiotherapy & Wellness Clinic?
Click on the PILATES brochure for further details.